I visited Niger before I started this blog, but would like to share 8 notes that might very helpful if you would like to visit the country.
1. Niger is one of the poorest countries in the world.
2. The visa is not difficult to obtain. Some embassies requires an invitation, some don’t. I got my visa in 2 days in Rabat easily with no invitation needed.
3. The bus from Lomé, Togo over Benin was extremely uncomfortable and not recommended.
4. The bus ride to Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso was surprisingly comfortable and recommended.
5. The Benin-Niger border crossing was easy, fast and with no hassle.
6. The Niger-Burkina Faso border crossing was also easy, but quite disgusting with lots of rats at the immigration office.
7. Grand Hotel Niger is the best place to stay in Niger. It’s officially a 4-star, but would be more of a 2-star after European standard. Fully comfortable though.
8. The hotel is located at Niger River